Review
(Positive thoughts from Grant Snider, posted on May 6th course announcements)
I chose to watch the video about the myths of trees in the May 6th course announcements. I think it is so interesting that trees are not only symbols of life and spirit in many cultures. I have always believed that everyone is connected somehow, especially after it was confirmed at an entry matrix exists. I can see that same sentiment in many other cultures, especially if they have sacred trees because the roots in the ground connect them to the earth and to each other.
The first part of the video was especially interesting. My great-grandmother immigrated here from Norway and I am actually a direct descendant of Vikings, so I have always been interested in learning more about Nordic beliefs and culture. I had heard of Yggdrasil (I love how that is spelled) before, but it is interesting that this tree is thought to hold the entire cosmos in its roots and branches. I could not even imagine how old and big this tree would be.
Overall, I think it is so interesting how trees are sacred and revered in some cultures and I do believe that they should be respected and taken care of.



Comments
Post a Comment